Here in this article, we will explore Uttarakhand static GK facts that are useful for all competitive exams in 2024. We all know State related Static GK is an important part of the general Knowledge section as well as any competitive government exams.
Usually in the state government Competitive exams, many questions are asked from state static gk (for example, Uttarakhand). To understand the importance of this topic we have compiled all the static facts of the Uttarakhand state in one place in the best way possible. Also, we have provided the Uttarakhand Static GK pdf download link below this article, which will help you to study offline.
List of Uttarakhand Static GK Questions and Answers
Uttarakhand is one of the 28 states and 7 union territories of India. It is located in northeastern India with a population (2011) of Increase 10,086,292. Uttarakhand has an area of 53,483 km2 (20,650 sq mi). It is bordered by Tibet (China) to the north, Nepal to the east, and the Indian states of Himachal Pradesh to the west and Uttar Pradesh to the south. The state is divided into two distinct regions, Garhwal and Kumaon, each offering unique landscapes and cultural experiences. Here’s a table with some more information about Uttrakhand Static GK :
|Capital (राजधानी )
|9 November 2000
|Total Area (कुल क्षेत्रफल)
|53,483 km2 (20,650 sq mi)
|Area Rank (क्षेत्र रैंक)
|189/km2 (490/sq mi)
|Literacy Rate (साक्षरता दर )
|Sex Ratio (लिंग अनुपात)
|Legislative Assembly (विधान सभा)
|Lower House (लोक सभा)
|Upper House (राजसभा)
|High Court (हाईकोर्ट)
|Uttarakhand High Court
|Official Language (राजभाषा)
|Official Website (आधिकारिक वेबसाइट)
|Highest Peak (उच्चतम शिखर)
|Nanda Devi (7,816 meters/25,643 feet)
|Major Rivers (प्रमुख नदियाँ)
|Ganga, Yamuna, Alaknanda, Bhagirathi
|Folk Dance (लोक नृत्य)
|RamgangaDam(Ramganga River), Jamrani Dam(Gola River), The Tehri Dam(Bhagirathi River)
|National Parks (राष्ट्रीय उद्यान)
|Gangotri National Park, GovindPashuVihar National Park, Jim Corbett National Park, The Nanda Devi National Park, Rajaji National Park, Valley of Flowers National Park
|Wildlife Sanctuary (वन्यजीव अभ्यारण्य)
|Nandhaur Wildlife Sanctuary, Askot Musk Deer Sanctuary, Askot Musk Deer Sanctuary, GovindPashuVihar National Park, Kedarnath Wild Life Sanctuary, Sonanadi Wildlife Sanctuary
|Major Festivals (प्रमुख त्यौहार)
|Kumbh Mela, Uttarakhand Tourism Festival
|State Song (राज्य गीत)
|Uttarakhand Devbhumi Matribhumi
|State Bird (राजकीय पक्षी)
|State Flower (राज्य पुष्प)
|State Tree (राजकीय वृक्ष)
Uttarakhand Static GK :: Miscellaneous
|Which river is considered the lifeline of Uttarakhand?
|Which is the highest peak in Uttarakhand?
|Which is the largest national park in Uttarakhand?
|Jim Corbett National Park
|Which famous Hindu pilgrimage site is located in Uttarakhand?
|Which is the state animal of Uttarakhand?
|Which famous valley is known as the “Valley of Flowers”?
|Valley of Flowers
|Which festival is celebrated with great fervour in Haridwar, Uttarakhand?
|Which is the largest dam in Uttarakhand?
|Which is the largest city in Uttarakhand?
|Which national park in Uttarakhand is a UNESCO World Heritage Site?
|Nanda Devi National Park
|Which festival is celebrated with great fervor in Haridwar, Uttarakhand?
|Which district in Uttarakhand is known for its ski resorts?
|Which river forms the boundary between Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh?
|Which city in Uttarakhand is famous for its educational institutions?
|Which city in Uttarakhand is known as the “Lake District of India”?
|Which is the largest city in the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand?
|Which national park in Uttarakhand is known for its population of Bengal tigers?
|Corbett Tiger Reserve
|Which city in Uttarakhand is known for its educational institutions and research centres?
|Which famous pilgrimage site in Uttarakhand is known as the “Abode of Lord Shiva”?
|Which river in Uttarakhand is considered sacred and is an important pilgrimage destination?
|Which town in Uttarakhand is famous for its yoga centers and ashrams?
|Which is the highest dam in India and is located in Uttarakhand?
|Which district in Uttarakhand is known for its apple orchards?
|Which is the largest glacier in Uttarakhand?
|Which city in Uttarakhand is known for its ski resorts and winter sports?
|Which wildlife sanctuary in Uttarakhand is home to the endangered Great Indian Bustard?
|Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary
|Which city in Uttarakhand is famous for its wood handicrafts and furniture industry?
|Which national park in Uttarakhand is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is known for its biodiversity?
|Valley of Flowers National Park
|Which is the highest peak in the Garhwal Himalayas and is located in Uttarakhand?
|Which city in Uttarakhand is famous for its annual Tehri Lake Festival?
|Which district in Uttarakhand is known for its scenic beauty and trekking routes?
|Which river in Uttarakhand is famous for its white-water rafting opportunities?
Important Facts of Uttarakhand State for Competitive Exams
- Uttarakhand, formerly known as Uttaranchal, is a state in northern India. It was carved out of the state of Uttar Pradesh on November 9, 2000.
- The state is located in the foothills of the Himalayas, sharing its borders with Himachal Pradesh in the west, Uttar Pradesh in the south, and Nepal in the east.
- The capital city of Uttarakhand is Dehradun, which is situated in the Doon Valley.
- Uttarakhand is often referred to as the “Land of the Gods” or “Devbhoomi” due to the presence of several holy Hindu pilgrimage sites.
- The state is known for its natural beauty, with picturesque landscapes, lush green valleys, snow-capped peaks, and glistening rivers.
- Uttarakhand is home to several famous pilgrimage destinations, including the Char Dham Yatra comprising Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath.
- The state has two distinct regions: Garhwal in the west and Kumaon in the east, each with its own unique culture, traditions, and dialects.
- Uttarakhand is blessed with numerous national parks and wildlife sanctuaries, making it a haven for wildlife enthusiasts and nature lovers. Jim Corbett National Park, Rajaji National Park, and Nanda Devi National Park are among the prominent ones.
- The economy of Uttarakhand is primarily based on tourism, agriculture, and hydroelectric power generation. The state is known for its production of fruits, medicinal herbs, and aromatic plants.
- Uttarakhand is also famous for adventure sports such as trekking, river rafting, skiing, and mountaineering, attracting thrill-seekers from around the world.
Uttarakhand Static GK PDF
Download PDF format Uttarakhand Static GK for future use.